Extra Curricular Activities & Excursions
At Bayswater North PS we offer a large range of extra curricular activities, incursions and excursions that are designed to complement the regular classroom or school program, and provide rich learning opportunities for students.
Activities that complement the curriculum program each term are chosen to provide students with engaging and fun ways of adding to regular curriculum delivery.
Extra curricular activities that fall outside the scope of the regular learning program that government schools provide may incur a cost, depending on the nature and type of the activity.
Some examples of the types of activities that are currently offered include:
- Excursions to places/programs outside the school – for example Knox Community Gardens Visit, Scienceworks.
- Incursions – organisations that visit the school to provide additional experiences. Such as – Super Buddies, Indigenous Storytelling.
- Grade 3-6 Camps Program
- Grade 5 and 6 Inter-school sports program
- Grades 3-6 Athletics Carnival
- Grades 3-6 Swimming Carnival
- Whole school cross country
- Ukulele Group
- Junior and Senior Art Clubs
- Lunch time games clubs – run in the library by our Chaplain (Alan Silverwood)
- Instrumental Music Lessons
- Chess Club
- Buddies program (Prep/Grade 6 students)
- Friendship Ninjas program. Trained peer mediators from Grade 6 are visible in the grounds during recess and lunch times where they assist younger children with play.
- Whole School Colour Ru
- Special Day Celebrations, such as Harmony Day and Footy Colours Day.